Yesterday two Accrington Stanley first team players visited Mount Carmel to take part in their Premier League Girls session.
Brayden Shaw and Aaron Davies assisted our Female Football Development Officer Elle Kayley in our Premier League Girls Satellite Club which we run for free to encourage more girls to get into sport and progress into sport in high education. They answered all questions that the girls had and took part in the session.
We are proud to have the support of the Accrington Stanley players in promoting our girls education programme who will attend sessions and chat with the girls about what the professional game is like and answer any questions that they may have.
The Btec in Sport for girls is new to Accrington Stanley this year is now available to all 16-18year old girls who have a keen interest in football and sport.
The interest in girls football has increased dramatically over the last few years. Here at the Trust we have seen the participant numbers in our girl’s session follow this. With this, we wanted to give girls the opportunity to gain an insight into the sports industry.
The BTEC Level 3 in Sport is a 2 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
- Study a Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels and allows entrance to University
- Full time 2 year course based at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
- All work is done on laptops via a state of the art virtual learning platform approved by the Department for Education.
- Up to 17.5 hours of education per week at the stadium.
- 5 hours of various sports
- Compete in the English Colleges Category 3 11aside League.
- Futsal league fixtures against other professional clubs as well as 7 and 11-aside matches.
- Available to students aged 16-18 on completion of their GCSE’s.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above.
- A keen interest in the football or sports industry.
For those that don’t reach the minimum of 4 C’s then we offer a Level 2 BTEC in Sport that runs for a year and requires the minimum of 2 D’s.