We have an exciting opportunity for a confident and ambitious press officer to join the communication team at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
This role will act as the official representative for the club, handling all matters relating to the media providing effective internal and external communication activities.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience working in communications, PR or journalist’s role preferably gained within a football media environment.
Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to act as a spokesperson for the club.
This is a part-time role and will operate on a flexible hours policy, in addition you must be available to work all matches taking place at the Wham Stadium throughout the year and additional hours as required. A passion for football and an understanding of the game is essential to the role.
The key responsibilities include:
- To act as the official representative of the club, to handle all matters relating to the media, developing good working relationships with them
- To answer enquiries from the press or other media representatives
- To organise and oversee press conferences, media events and promotional activities
- Arranging press accreditation
- Lead on all pre and post-match media interviews
- Coordinating player’s photo opportunities, media events and promotional activities.
- Monitoring social media platforms, observing and reporting on social, economic and political trends which may affect the club.
- Assist in writing and distributing club statements, press releases and news reports about the club
- Developing media contacts and PR activities
- Collating and monitoring media coverage with recommendations on future optimisation
- Keeping up-to-date with all media issues that affect the club
- Assisting in generating ideas to gain more media coverage
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about the opportunity to further your career in communications please send your CV and covering letter either by email or post, to;
David Burgess email@example.com or by post to David Burgess – Accrington Stanley FC – The Wham Stadium – Livingstone Road – Accrington BB5 5BX, marking the envelope P&C (Press Officer Vacancy)
The deadline for applications is midday on Tuesday 13th June.
Deadline: Noon – Tuesday 13th June
Approx. 20 hours – Flexible
The position is open for an immediate start to the right candidate.
Accrington Stanley FC is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.